This Hamburger and Potato Soup is so comforting and perfect for a cozy night. My youngest is fighting a cough, so we have had soup almost every day this week. Broth is so full of vitamins to keep our immune systems in top notch, and it is also adds a lot of flavor. This is the ultimate comfort food, and as a bonus, it only has 6 *real food* ingredients! Hamburger, potatoes, onion, broth, parsley, and a little bit of arrowroot or flour to thicken it. The texture of the potatoes might be my favorite part of the soup, they melt in your mouth. Delicious!
This soup is fantastic on it’s own, but pairs very well with bread-sticks or rustic bread if you want something to mop up the bowl when you are done.
Hamburger and Potato Soup Recipe
- ½ lb hamburger
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 6 cups broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot to medium heat. Chop the onion, and add it to the pot with the hamburger.
- In the mean time, peel and cube the potatoes, and set it aside.
- When the hamburger is cooked through, add ¼ cup arrowroot flour and stir until it has been mostly absorbed. It only takes a minute.
- Add the broth, parsley and potatoes to the pot.
- Bring the pot to a low simmer
- Stir for a few minutes to make sure the arrowroot doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Let the soup simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm, and enjoy.
Did you make this recipe? Share a picture on Instagram and tag me @desolatehomestead