Salmon Pattie with Lemon Aioli Recipe. I really enjoy sharing traditional farm to table recipes. This one uses eggs from our free range chickens, a lemon picked from our neighbor’s tree and a little bit of parsley from our garden. I can’t raise my own salmon (we are trying to raise our own tilapia though), but this meal is made using whole, nutritious foods, and all comes together in under 30 minutes!
Lemon Aioli Recipe
For the Lemon Aioli you will need…
2 egg yolks
3/4 cup avocado oil (I buy Chosen Foods avocado oil from Costco)
1 tsp parsley
This is really quick to make. Crack the eggs and separate the whites, putting the yolks into a wide mouth jar. Add the juice from half of the lemon into the jar, and then add 1/2 cup of avocado oil. Put your stick blender into the bottom of the jar and turn it on high. While the blender is still going pour the remaining 1/4 cup of oil into the jar. You should have nice and thick mayo! Now add the rest of the lemon juice, some lemon zest, and 1 tsp parsley. Blend it all up again, and there you have lemon aioli. If you have any leftover after this meal, this aioli will add a lot of good flavor to a sandwich in place of plain mayo. You can also use it as a salad dressing or spread it on hard boiled eggs.
Salmon Pattie Recipe
A few notes before I share the salmon pattie recipe. I use canned Redhead sockeye salmon. If you wanted to use leftover salmon, you would need about 8 ounces.
Salmon Pattie recipes usually use crackers or breadcrumbs to help hold them together. I chose to use a slice of homemade sourdough bread toasted, and then broke it into tiny pieces. You could use a gluten free bread too, if you try it, please comment and let me know how it turns out.
Finally, use leftover rice for this meal. It make it come together quick, and you won’t worry about your eggs scrambling from the heat of the rice when you mix it all together.
- 1 can (7.5 ounce) of salmon
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- Slice of bread turned into breadcrumbs (read above)
- 2 eggs
- butter or olive oil for cooking
- Heat up a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Open the can of salmon and pour the meat and juice into a medium size bowl.
- Break it apart with a fork.
- Add the rice, breadcrumbs, 2 eggs, and a couple dashes of salt and pepper.
- Stir it all together.
- When the pan is hot, add a tablespoon of butter.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture and place it in the pan. Flatten it out a little with the back of your spoon to make the pattie shape. (I usually cook 3 at a time in one pan)
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, and then flip it and cook the other side.
- Serve them hot, on top of your favorite salad greens with some lemon aioli drizzled on top.